Golden Pass Pipeline is a joint venture company formed by affiliates of three of the world's largest and most experienced oil and gas companies: Qatar Petroleum (70%), ExxonMobil (17.6%), and ConocoPhillips (12.4%).
Qatar Petroleum was established in 1974 as a national corporation completely owned by the State of Qatar. It is responsible either directly or through joint ventures for all oil and gas production and processing in Qatar.
At a Glance:
- Became the world's largest LNG producer in 2006
- Responsible for all phases of the country's oil and gas industry
- Principle activities include exploration, drilling production, storage and transport of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and liquefied natural gas, petrochemicals and fertilizers, helicopter and financing services
- Built the world's largest LNG liquefaction facility in Qatar.
- Built the world's largest LNG carrier, the Qatar Max (Q-Max).
Visit the Qatar Petroleum website for further information.
Qatar is situated on the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula. Bordered to the south by Saudi Arabia, the rest of its land mass juts about 100 miles into the balmy waters of the Arabian Gulf.
The country has a population of 1.7 million (May 2010). Most of the population lives in the Municipalities of Doha, the business and administrative center, and Rayan, an adjacent Municipality.
The State of Qatar has a desert climate with a hot summer and a relatively mild winter. Summer temperatures range between 77 and 113 degrees Fahrenheit, with high humidity. During the winter there is some rainfall but it rarely exceeds 3 inches annually.
Qatar has a strong focus on educational advancement. The brand new Education City was developed by the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development - a not-for-profit organization established in 1995 and chaired by Her Highness Sheika Mozah Bint Al-Missned.
Education City provides a broad spectrum of world-class educational facilities, from kindergarten level through to postgraduate and research programs. It also includes facilities for business, community development, science, IT, Islamic Studies, media and communications and sports, and a 350-bed teaching hospital is being built.
ExxonMobil is the world's largest publicly traded international oil and gas company.
At a Glance:
- Operates in more than 200 countries and territories world-wide and participates in LNG operations representing more than 25% of global industry capacity
- Safely and reliably produces oil, natural gas, and hydrocarbon products
- Finds and develops new supplies and products to bring to the market
- Maximizes resource and asset value, improves energy efficiency and minimizes environmental impacts
Visit the ExxonMobil website for further information.
ConocoPhillips is an integrated energy company with interests around the world.
At a Glance:
- The third-largest integrated energy company in the United States based on market capitalization and oil and natural gas proved reserves and production
- The second-largest refiner in the United States
- The sixth-largest proved reserves holder and the fourth-largest refiner worldwide, of non-government-controlled companies
- Known worldwide for its technological expertise in: • Exploration and production
• Reservoir management and exploitation
• 3-D seismic technology.
• High-grade petroleum coke
• E-GasTM coal gasification process
• Optimized CascadeSM process to produce liquefied natural gas
- Headquartered in Houston, Texas
- Operates in more than 30 countries
- Approximately 29,900 employees worldwide and assets of $151 billion as of June 30, 2010
- Listed on the New Your Stock Exchange under the symbol "COP"
Visit the ConocoPhillips website for further information.